This challenge engages young people to develop and curate policy ideas for the implementation of the Africa Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA).
The objective of the challenge
- To identify and disseminate innovative ideas, solutions and actions which will maximize the benefits of the AfCFTA, especially for women and youth
- To enhance capacity of young Africans for policy development and implementation
- To integrate young Africans into AfCFTA policy making processes
- Applicants must hold nationality of one of the 55 member states of the AU
- Applicants must be between the ages of 15 – 35. We strongly encourage submissions from female applicants
- Engaged in policy/trade development or interested in building experience in policy/trade development
How to apply
- How to apply
- Application submissions will be online in English or French through
- English https://bit.ly/38j5YXC
- French https://bit.ly/2JPprFd
- Applicants will respond to only one essay question policy question on the AfCFTA
- Submissions must be 250 to 300 words, Font Arial, 11, 1.5 spacing, justified margins.
- Attachments should be labelled properly indicating the name of the applicant and the question answered
The deadline for submission is 23rd November 2020.
The top 10 finalists will benefit from:-
- Development of an AfCFTA implementation plan for a country or regional economic community, with mentorship from leading trade experts, industry captains, trade negotiators.
- Masterclass on ‘maximizing opportunities in the AfCFTA’ led by senior policy officials and leading youth entrepreneurs
- Online publication and presentation of the AfCFTA Implementation Plan to high-level policy officials