The AU Commission wishes to call for the nominations of candidates for the Top AU leadership positions to be elected and appointed during the Executive Council session in January/February 2021.
That the new structure of the AU Commission shall be composed of
eight (8) members as follows: Chairperson, Deputy Chairperson and six (6)
That the portfolios of the Commissioners shall be as follows:
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy and Sustainable Environment;
- Economic Development, Trade, Industry and Mining;
- Education, Science, Technology and Innovation;
- Infrastructure and Energy;
- Political Affairs, Peace & Security;
- Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development.
The AU assembly established a Panel of Eminent Africans, who developed the job profiles and competency requirements for the positions of Commissioners will also prepare the shortlist for each position based on the approved criteria.